RIM released their fourth quarter and fiscal year end 2009 results for us to look at.
The highlights are:
- Fourth quarter revenue was $3.46 billion up 24.5% from last quarter and 83% from the same quarter last year
- Revenue for fiscal year 2009 was $11.07 billion up 84% from $6.01 billion last year
- The revenue breakdown is:
- 83% for devices
- 12% for service
- 2% for software
- 3% for other revenue
- RIM shipped 7.8 million devices in Q4 and 26 million in the past fiscal year
- They added 3.9 million new BlackBerry accounts bringing the total to 25 million
Now for projections for the first quarter of fiscal 2009: (which ends May 30, 2009)
- RIM expects revenue to be somewhere between $3.3-$3.5 billion
- Net subscriber account additions in the first quarter are expected to be between 3.7 – 3.9 million
You can find the rest of the details in their press release.