My wife used to have a cool feature on her Sony Ericsson P910a that let her dial 9 of her most used contacts by clicking on a picture of them. Seemed like a pretty cool feature that Apple built on with their iPhone and it was a shame when RIM did not include such a thing on the Storm.
PictureDial hopes to fix that with their little app. It gives you a checkerboard of images to easily dial, SMS, PIN, Email, or even open up a website by picture. You can use practically any type of image and rearrange them around the screen. You can find it on sale in the store until Jan 30th for $4.95 after which it goes up to $5.95.
From the product description:
Dial contact, send SMS/PIN, email and browse website using picture ids. No need to remember phone numbers again or what the person looks like. Just snap the picture with the camera application or use any GIF, PNG or JPG picture and use it in Picture Dial. Not only can you dial contacts but you can also send SMS/PIN, Email and browse contact website.
Note: Assign PictureDial to the left or right side convenience button for quick access. Go to the Options application and select Screen/Keyboard to assign it.
- Supports Storm 9500 and 9530
- Supports PNG, GIF and JPG pictures
- Supports Internal and SD card memory
- Supports Contact lookup when creating new Picture Dials
- Supports Landscape and Portrait modes
- Send SMS/PIN and Email
- Browse contact website
- Rearrange PictureIDs
- Swipe to see more picture IDs
- Send quick SMS. No need to type
- Edit and crop picture
- Custom color for contact labelling
- Run PictureDial in background for instant access to your Picture Dials
- Very easy to use
- Compatibility: Storm 9500 | Storm 9530