I am a fan of the AutoStandby application. It simply puts your phone into standby during certain conditions helping you to save battery life and stop hitting keys on accident. Tom let me know about their latest version 2.2.0 which brings quite a few features to the table that I thought were worth mentioning but one in particular really interested me. You can now toggle the AutoStandby application on and off by hitting the mute button 3 times in a row. Not sure how they did that but kudos to them.
What’s new in 2.2.0:
- Fixed Homescreen switch bug
- Added ability to allow an application to disable AutoStanby only if it’s the active window
- Added option to minimize an application on standby
- Added "Quick Toggle" feature. Press mute key three times quickly to toggle AutoStandby on/off
- Added ability to have the Browser and BBM disable AutoStandby if they are the active window
- Added third-party API for future integration with apps such as Aerize Alerts
You can pick up the latest version at the store at this link. It worked for me by going to the store link from my BlackBerry and clicking the try button.