We asked you last week what you think of mobile TV and the results are in. It turns out that TV on your BlackBerry is a very segmented market. It is interesting to note that less than 5% of responders actually watch TV on their BlackBerry and enjoy it.
Almost 45% of responders are indifferent to mobile TV while 26% think it is too expensive and would be interested if it were free. It is interesting to note that there is a healthy interest (23%) in SlingPlayer for BlackBerry but that application has yet to materialize. A fifth of responders were hoping for some sort of free broadcast television for the BlackBerry such as DMB but that technology has yet to mature in the US thought it might be interesting internationally. 13% of responders already copy TV shows manually onto their BlackBerry. I am sure they are as excited as I am about the upcoming DivX support on the Bold.
This seems to confirm Don Reisingers sentiments about Mobile TV being dead in the water. Its a shame since I always wanted to have a TV in my pocket. I even owned one of those Dick Tracy watch TV’s back in the day.
What do you think about mobile TV on the BlackBerry?
- I could care less about mobile TV (34%, 135 Votes)
- I think mobile TV is too expensive. Let me know when its free (21%, 85 Votes)
- I am waiting for SlingPlayer to release their BlackBerry applicaton (18%, 73 Votes)
- I wish RIM would implement a mobile TV tuner (e.g. DMB) in their next release (14%, 56 Votes)
- I just download TV shows and manually put them on my BlackBerry (9%, 36 Votes)
- I already watch TV on my BlackBerry (e.g. MobiTV) and love it! (3%, 12 Votes)
Total Voters: 397