DubMeNow Contact Exchange Now Works Based on Location

dubmenow_locate DubMeNow is really trying to simplify exchanging contacts on your BlackBerry. I am surprised RIM does not do this already with BBMessenger but they are getting closer with the barcode scanning in 5.0. DubMeNow added the feature that lets you fire up the app and click the locate button together and it will find both users (Magically?) and transfer the contacts. Not sure how the location feature exactly works since it could be based on cell towers, GPS, Bluetooth, or just time but the idea is pretty cool. Kind of like the old Palm way of transferring over Infrared.

The app also lets you link to peoples social networks including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more. Kind of cool for a free app. Maybe they could add the same barcode scanning feature like RIM has in BB Messenger to easily add contacts from business cards with barcodes.

Check it out at www.dubmenow.com

4 total comments on this postSubmit your comment!
  1. Thanks for the review. We’re excited to see so many people using Dub and will continue to make it the easiest way to exchange contact info.

Cheers,

Chris Hopkinson
    DubMeNow
    http://www.dubmenow.com
    [email protected]

2. great. works just fine. It also works with iPhone I jsut exchanged my card with another iPhone user. This is a kick ass product

3. To Chris : One question why is it only for US. Service like this shouldnt be US specific. There are many more users and many more countries just other then US.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2024’ BerryReview LLC