Jimmy let us know about his first PlayBook game Words in Bed and I have to say I am impressed. I downloaded it on a friends PlayBook who is a word game nut and he loved it. The game has letters falling down and you have to keep on making words out of the available letters before they fill the screen. There are also four other variants of the game that offer different gameplay including:
- Original mode: With letters constantly falling from the sky, it’s your job to make words fast enough to stop them from filling the screen. This is a fast paced mode that will demand the most of your word finding skills. Create long words to earn coins which you can spend on powerups which will either find a word for you or clear a portion of the game board.
- Word search mode: A word is shown to you and it’s your job to find the letters on the board. This is a fast paced mode that will help expand your vocabulary.
- Kids mode: Words are chosen from limited subset of child appropriate words for you to find. This mode has no end, so take your time, learn new words and practice spelling(or letter recognition for the really little ones).
- Online multiplayer mode: Take on the world in a mode that gives everyone the same puzzle to solve at the same time. Your goal is to get the most points you can using 36 letters to form words within the time limit. A new game starts every 5 minutes. Challenge your friends on global leaderboards.
- Puzzle mode: Over 40 hand-crafted puzzles to solve, each containing one or more words that follow a certain theme. Will you find the perfect words to maximize your points or just enough to clear the board?
The online mode is quite fun since it is real time and you have less than 5 minutes to complete the board to get ranked. This is because both players get the same exact letters so they see who gets the highest score. The PlayBook is the first version out but he will also be rolling out iOS and Android clients for multiplayer games. Check out Words in Bed for $1.99 in App World.
PS: I have asked the developer to release some form of limited free trial so hopefully we will get one.