We heard that AT&T was working on a BlackBerry app for their U-verse service which they just released. (Kudos to @alexkinsella for spotting it) The new app lets you schedule and manage your DVR recordings and also lets you watch TV shows from your BlackBerry. You can access your U-verse DVR at home through the app and schedule and manage recordings, view and search within your channel guide, and set favorite shows & channels. I am not sure what it means but AT&T specifically points out that only U-verse customers subscribed to U300, U400 and U450 TV packages can download popular shows from the mobile library to watch on their qualified BlackBerry.
- Browse TV – Browse or search your personal TV programming guide to find your favorite shows.
Schedule one time or series recordings on your DVR at home.
- Favorites – Set your favorite channels to bring them to the top of your guide view and tag favorite shows for quick access.
- Recordings – Easily view and edit your scheduled and recorded shows on your U-verse DVR at home.
- Watch – Browse the library of available shows for download.
U300, U400 and U450 U-verse TV package subscribers can download select shows available in the U-verse Mobile library to their BlackBerry for viewing on the go. Show downloads occur over Wi-Fi only.
- More – See U-verse feature highlights and available apps, configure settings, view the user guide and more.
U-verse works over EDGE, 3G, and Wi-Fi but show downloads are limited to Wi-Fi only for now. You can pick up the app in App World now.