RIM really needs to address this need in BlackBerry 6. Quite a few clever developers have started updating the background images of themes with useful information. It first started with automatically updating your background image with weather information and now BerryBlow is putting stock prices on your background.
Stocks+ is currently a free download while in public beta and works nicely. You simply select the stocks you wish to track and set an update interval of 1, 3, 10, 30 minutes or 1 hour. Its as simple as that. You can download the beta OTA at m.berryblow.com or read more about it on BerryBlow’s website.
- Easy to use user interface. Just start the application and you will see a base set of stock quotes.
- Live Home Screen with stock quotes list. You can set in settings to display the list of stock on your Home Screen as wallpaper.
- Stocks automatically updated in background. Set the update interval with 1, 3, 10, 30 minutes and 1 hour.
- Add your stocks. Easy to add a new stocks. Use a stock lookup.
- A must have for all BlackBerry owners who own stocks. This version is the first public BETA version, but we�re planning to add a lot of new and interesting features.
- Support all connection types. Application supports connection via BES, BIS, TCP and Wi-Fi.