The awesome Business Card Reader from SHAPE has been updated to version 1.1 with a few additions. In case you don’t remember the Business Card Reader app lets you take a picture of a business card and convert it into a contact. The new version 1.1 adds support for French, Italian, & Spanish along with a few more features and fixes.
New features include:
- French, Italian, Spanish languages are supported.
- Choosing the latest scanned photo from the file system.
- Warning message about installing of inappropriate version (eg. keyboard version on touchscreen device).
- User interface and design fixes.
- Connectivity – BIS as default.
- Other fixes: inserts complete and more accurate contact details into the appropriate fields of the contact info in BlackBerry address book.
From the description:
Business Card Reader makes a picture ("scan") with a BlackBerry camera, then "reads" business card information using revolutionary OCR technology and inserts complete and accurate contact details into the appropriate fields of the contact info in BlackBerry address book.
Business Card Reader for BlackBerry, the industry leader in corporate wireless devices, is specially designed for business use. It is a great value for business professionals allowing them to save time by eliminating the need to type contact details such as name, phones, email addresses and other key information. This is an excellent tool for anyone who collaborates with clients and partners, for exhibitors at trade shows, exhibition attendees and sales personnel.
Business Card Reader works on all BlackBerry models with auto focus cameras, including latest BlackBerry Storm2 and Bold smartphones. It recognizes business cards in English, French, Italian, German and Spanish. More languages are going to be added in the future versions.