While I was recovering from turkey day RIM was busy handing out Awards at the 2009 BlackBerry EMEA Alliance Summit in Rome, Italy. This is the second time that RIM has run this awards show and it once again showcased mobile applications in the EMEA region. Kevin over @CrackBerry was on site for the awards and you can read a little about his experiences at this link.
RIM was kind enough to post the winners of the awards on their blog and you can find them after the jump. Poynt ad 7Digital took away two of the prizes while the others do not seem as consumer oriented except for Nimbuzz which I don’t recall being as popular stateside.
EMEA Innovation Award Winners
- Life On BlackBerry – Poynt from Multiplied Media, an all-in-one local search service for BlackBerry smartphones that enables users to discover what’s around them and view searches on an interactive map, watch movie trailers and buy tickets
- Entertainment On BlackBerry – 7digital and DevelopIQ co-created a music app that allows BlackBerry smartphone users to easily discover and purchase music from a seven million strong catalogue of DRM-free MP3s
- Connect On BlackBerry – Nimbuzz enables BlackBerry smartphone users to enjoy free instant messaging, social networking and other rich communication features
- Driving Innovation in the Public Sector – Innova Telecom’s solution for the Ayuntamiento de Sevilla (Seville City Hall) allows citizens to flag issues about public services and internally provides a workflow and approval solution for Ayuntamiento de Sevilla employees to address the issues
- Transforming Enterprise Business Performance – NTS developed a distribution and logistics solution that enables customers to strengthen their internal communication processes, increase efficiency and enhance customer service
- Accelerating Innovation for Entrepreneurs – Elondra’s CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and SFA (Sales Force Automation) solution provides entrepreneurs, as well as small and medium size businesses, with easy access to key business information from their BlackBerry smartphone
- Delivering Service Excellence – e-office provides a range of mobile services that include its popular IT helpdesk outsourcing solution