RIM PR were kind enough to point out that AT&T has also officially announced the BlackBerry Bold 9700 along with Rogers Canada. AT&T is saying that it will be “available in the coming weeks” for $199 after $100 rebate. You can register to be notified of updates at this link for AT&T. Rogers has also made their announcement saying that the Bold 9700 will be available in the “coming weeks” for $299.99 with a 3 year voice and data activation of $45+.
Anybody else wondering what “coming weeks” really means? More than one week but less than a month? Especially since RIM’s announcement pegs the launches to start in November.
Additional highlights of the BlackBerry Bold 9700 include:
- Sleek design measuring 4.29" x 2.36" x 0.56" and weighing only 4.3 oz
- 2.44” light-sensing display (480 x 360 resolution at 245 ppi)
- Highly tactile full-QWERTY keyboard
- BlackBerry OS 5.0
- Built-in Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g) with support for Wi-Fi calling via UMA where available
- 3.2MP camera with variable zoom, autofocus, flash and video recording
- Built-in GPS for maps and other location-based applications, as well as photo geotagging
- Media player for videos, pictures and music, plus support for BlackBerry® Desktop Manager for both PCs and Macs, and BlackBerry® Media Sync
- 256 MB Flash memory
- microSD/SDHD memory card slot that supports up to 16 GB cards today and is expected to support 32 GB cards when available (a 2GB card is included)
- Premium and easy-to-access phone features, background noise suppression technology and high quality speakerphone