Now this is a feature I have been waiting for! I cannot believe that RIM does not let us do this natively but ToySoft has fixed that with their latest app PictureLink. PictureLink lets you create speed dial homescreen shortcuts or browser shortcuts of your own. Its great to create a folder of common contacts and browser bookmarks for easy photo dialing and browsing.
Setting it up is pretty easy. You just enter in the phone number or website and if the contact has a picture the app will use it as an icon or you can select your own. You can find it in the store at this link for $2.99.
- Works on BlackBerry OS4.2 and higher
- Create speed dials
- Create weblinks
- Use any picture format eg: jpg, png, gif as the icon
- Use default icons if you dont have a picture yet
- Create a new folder and organize your speed dials and website for easier access
- Clean user interface
- Very easy to use
- No more searching for your favorite contacts
- Know exactly who you are calling when you see the Contacts picture before you dial