I know there are quite a few Sports Illustrated fans out there who will jump at this latest news. SI let us know that they will be releasing a free BlackBerry applications soon with the latest news, rumors, scores, and statistics on your BlackBerry. The app will be customizable to your specific teams and sports and you can get push alerts based on those settings. It will also have a tie in with Twitter & Delicious along with email so you can share stories.
Features that will be included:
- Breaking news with our push notification system – an icon with blink notifying users of news
- Truth & Rumors, bringing fans the biggest news and buzz from every sport.
- The latest information, scores and standings from your favorite leagues — NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, college. hoops and college football — as well as news and commentary on soccer, NASCAR, tennis, boxing, horse racing, Olympics and cycling.
- SI’s award winning photography, updated regularly with fresh new galleries.
- Ability to share articles via e-mail or Twitter and Delicious.
- Switch to text view — enable this feature to eliminate images and allow for even faster navigation through sections and headlines
The app will be sponsored by Land Rover and their cars will be featured throughout the app. I will be keeping an eye out on the release but it looks like it will come out in the next week or so.