Raanan let us know in the comments that WordPress has released version 0.9.0.140 of the WordPress for BlackBerry beta application. This new version brings some UI speed improvements.
Full change log:
- Improving response time of the user interface (ticket #58 UI response time)
- Removing the photo multimedia option in the app because photo settings are managed in the main BlackBerry camera app
- Fixing a bug with local drafts (ticket #57)
- Adding prompts to save post when clicking “Back” button (ticket #59)
- Fixing a bug involving categories (ticket #60)
- Fixing how private posts were not publishing correctly (ticket #61)
The best part of this little update is the announcement that BIS-B connections will be supported in the future. Automattic is working with RIM to get this supported soon. I guess that means they are joining the BlackBerry Alliance.