I have been drooling recently with Cablevisions recently announced DOCSIS 3.0 101mbps/15mbps Optimum Online Ultra cable internet package. They are rolling out this new package in New York suburbs where they serve for $99. I still can’t believe I am paying Time Warner $44.95/month for 6mbps.
Cablevision let me know that they have gone a step further recently with mobilizing their website portal with:
- Access to Optimum Online e-mail anywhere on any Web-enabled device, including the ability to read, reply, forward, and compose e-mails, as well as read attached files.
- Traffic incidents in real time for the New York metropolitan area, searchable by location, plus mass transit information including the LIRR, NJ Transit, and Metro North. (Powered by News 12)
- iO Digital Cable TV listings
- Business and services by location (e.g. Gas Stations, Banks, ATM’s, Pizza)
- Movies listings and theaters by location
- Weather information
If you are their customer you
have earned my jealousy can access the mobile site at www.optimum.net from your BlackBerry, which will automatically redirect to the mobile site. For most of the features you need to login with your Optimum ID and password so if you are not a customer its kind of useless. The mobile site can also be access directly at m.optimum.net in your browser.
I wonder if Time Warner will ever release mobile TV listings…