A few weeks ago I ran into an issue where the language icon on the top right just got stuck and refused to go away. I could hit ALT+Enter as many times as I liked and it still refused to budge. I finally managed to get rid of it by clearing a specific database on my BlackBerry and thought I would share. Denis asked me the exact same question so I decided to write about it today.
All you need to do is:
- Plug in your BlackBerry to your PC and fire up desktop manager
- Click the backup and restore section
- Select advanced restore
- On the right you will see the databases on your BlackBerry
- Select the input method switcher option
- Then click the clear button on the bottom of the page
- Unplug and reboot
This method worked for me but I have heard reports that it may not. You may also have success by doing a selective restore of the input options database from a backup before the issue occurred. Another option is to backup and wipe your device and then do a selective restore of everything other than the input options but that is a bit drastic.
Let me know what works/worked for you!