I am not a big user of the Storm but Abdul let me know about this free beta application called TalkLock that should help a few of you out. It stops you from accidentally pressing the screen and launching programs or functions while you are talking on your Storm. Makes you wonder why RIM did not think of this… or at the very least offer it as an option.
The app can be found free at www.cellavant.com/TalkLock/. CellAvant creates custom BlackBerry applications so I guess this was one of their projects that they decided to open up to the public. It was updated last week to version 1.0.1 so it should be pretty stable for a beta.
From the description:
Are you annoyed by the BlackBerry® Storm™ touch screen remaining active during a call? Frustrated with accidental screen presses activating programs while you talk?
CellAvant has the answer… TalkLock. This free utility automatically engages a few seconds after a call is connected, and intercepts touch screen actions. This prevents screen presses from launching programs or invoking functions while you talk.
When the call ends for any reason, TalkLock releases control of the screen until your next call. You can also disable the lock and return to your normal phone behavior at any time by swiping your finger across the screen from left to right.
* Automatically runs after installation, and on each reboot
* Automatically activates after phone calls are connected
* Automatically hides when phone calls are completed
* Manual unlock with “slide to unlock” function
* Menu item to re-engage lock after unlock
* Customizeable backround image (uses /home/user/TalkLock-Background.png if it exists under Device Memory)