RIM sent out an interesting little uber-BES-geek quiz with the latest connection newsletter. This stuff is all Greek to me since I have never been a BES admin.
For example the first question:
A system administrator is planning to perform a knife-edge cutover [¹] in order to upgrade from BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.0 to BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.1. What additional resources are required to successfully perform a knife-edge cutover? (Choose the correct answer below.)
- A second SRP ID for the new BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- A second BlackBerry Configuration Database for the new version of BlackBerry Enterprise Server software.
- A second server to install the new version of BlackBerry Enterprise Server software.
- A second Microsoft SQL Server® for the new database.
- A second set of CAL’s for the migrated BlackBerry® device users.
Let us know what you score in the comments. I got a 5 with a little research on the net during the quiz. 🙂
Test your knowledge: Quiz is at this link
BTW the guys at BlackBerryCool spotted a new tech seminar RIM will be holding in the Fall for you to brush up on your knowledge. Check out the details at BBCool.