DavidB just sent over a email he got from BeamBerry detailing an update to their BeamReader PDF Reader beta. This new beta brings quite a few new features to the table and turns it into more of a document and file management solution.
You can download BeamReader OTA at this link or from your PC at this link. In addition to significant improvements in PDF rendering speed and fixes to several problems uncovered during the first beta, this new beta version of BeamReader introduces the following new features:
- Fully featured intuitive BeamReader File Manager that enables you to conveniently access and manage all of the files stores on your memory card / device memory from a single application.
- Native support for viewing of images (JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF). Supports thumbnail views for pictures.
- Support for viewing of MS Office documents from the BeamReader File Manger (opened with Documents to Go that comes pre-installed with BlackBerry OS 4.5 and higher).
- Support for playing Audio and Video Files from the BeamReader File Manger (opened with BlackBerry default media player).
- Ability to attach stored files to new e-mails from the BeamReader File Manager (requires OS 4.5 or higher). Supports convenient multi-selection of files.
- Ability to copy, paste, rename, create new files and folders, etc,. Supports convenient multi-selection of files.
- Ability to create new MS Office Documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) for subsequent editing with Documents to Go (comes pre-installed with BlackBerry OS 4.5 and higher).
- Support for bookmarks.
- Keyboard shortcuts for easy document navigation
- Support for password protected PDFs.
And many more. For a more complete description of BeamReader features, please visit http://www.beamberry.com/beamreader.html