Paula let me know that EA has released SimCity for BlackBerry. When I heard about it I suddenly had flashbacks of SimCity 2000 from back in the day… Anybody feel the same? It turns out that the graphics of SimCity for BlackBerry look similar to the classic. 🙂 The game is an expensive $14.99 at Handmark with no trial but this is SimCity… I can only imagine what kind of natural disasters show up in this version. (Red dinosaurs…Seriously?)
From the description:
Design and build the city of your dreams on your mobile phone. Try to attract as many Sims as possible to your new metropolis.Take on the roles of Mayor and City Planner as you design and build the city of your dreams on your mobile phone. Choose a map and then zone residential, commercial, and industrial areas. Install roads and railways, police and fire stations, parks and stadiums, and more, but be prepared to deal with crime, pollution, fires, tornados, and even attacking monster. All this while keeping a balanced budget! Your ultimate goal is to attract as many Sims as possible to your thriving new metropolis.
- Build cities on multiple game maps, each with a unique set of challenges.
- You control the pace of development-if your city develops too fast, slow down the simulation so you can get a handle on things.
- Take charge of the city budget and decide where best to spend taxpayers’ hard-earned Simoleons. Keep the treasury in the black but don’t overtax your citizens or they may leave!
- Eight tool categories give you the ability to plan, zone, build, bulldoze, re-zone, and manage your city.
- Get the information you need-review residential, commercial, and industrial statistics, check land values, and monitor crime, pollution, and traffic levels to determine which areas need the most attention.
- Help your citizens cope with and recover from tornados and other natural disasters.