When we posted about the 25 finance applications for BlackBerry Warren asked me if there are any free applications that manage your personal finances. Turns out that there is one called JabpLite.
Keep in mind that JabpLite is a generic Java application and as such will not be as BlackBerry optimized as Ascendo Money or SplashMoney. On the other hand JabpLite is a very powerful application with tons of preferences that will help you manage your finances. Did I forget to also mention that it is free? You will have to work a little to figure out how to use it.
Sadly there is not OTA download but the author does provide the COD & ALX files for desktop install. He also provides the JAD & JAR files if you wish to just copy them to your memory card and install them from there.
- Multiple accounts
- Default and user-defined categories
- Regular transactions (ie. save the transactions you do regularly)
- Track your investments
- Standing Orders (yearly, monthly, daily with any frequency), automatically generated on the due dates
- Future Balance calculations (see if you will have enough money to last until pay day!)
- Net worth calculation
- Top ten expense categories (see where your money is going!)
- Foreign currency accounts with automatic revaluation when FX rates change