Some people have been tired of the BlackBerry image & picture manager and have purchased Ascendo Photos to remedy the situation. Ascendo Photos Version 3 brings a few more features to the table that easily top those of the built in media manager on your BlackBerry.
The new version brings users the ability to save and store images on your SD card which was a necessary step since previously Ascendo could not do that. The also added the cool feature of being able to play audio during a slideshow.
If you don’t currently own a copy of Ascendo Photos you can pick it up at the BerryReview store for $29.95. Keep in mind the 20% off discount we have going until the 29th which brings the total down to $23.96. I would advise trying out the free trial before you buy. For some the extra features may be overkill.
Ascendo Photos Version 3 announcement:
We have released Version 3.27 of our Image Manager for BlackBerry. Ascendo Photos allows you to discover, edit and transfer images from your desktop to your BlackBerry, where you can display them as Slide Shows, Screensavers, Home Screens & more.
We have added many features that users have been requesting including:
- Added option to store images on SD card to save device memory (see below).
- Implemented feature to select and play audio files while displaying slide shows on BlackBerry (see below).
- Added volume control when playing audio files during slide shows.
- Enhanced navigation by allowing user to open gallery and view image by clicking on track ball/wheel instead of using screen menu.
- Implemented Move Image feature to change position of image in gallery using track ball/wheel instead of selecting up/down from screen menu.
- Improved performance when displaying and navigating images in thumbnail view.