Mentat is a useful new service that allows you to manage projects using their website. They have just decided to pursue the BlackBerry for their first mobile client and will be releasing a client in mid November. I find Mentat interesting since it is the first project management solution that is targeting BlackBerry users.
The Mentat BlackBerry Beta client is currently able to log on to the Mentat server, display all of the projects you are currently a member of, and browse through the tasks in each project. It should soon be able to create, close, and delete tasks as well. We will let you know when the software is released but if you are interested keep your eyes pealed on their website.
Just as a side note the personal version of the service is free and it does have a cool integration option for those users who use the Jott service to keep track of their notes. Here is a partial feature list that I gleaned from the website:
- Start tracking things you need to work on or just want to remember
- Create a list of tasks for things you need to get done.
- Jot down reminders to yourself – grocery lists, video rentals, ideas.
- Prioritize your work day using the todo list.
- Focus on the things you need to do.