BlackBerry World 2012 is just weeks away, and the event will also include a session designed specifically for developers that want to get their hands-on with the future of RIM’s BlackBerry OS. BlackBerry 10 Jam looks promising and RIM today sent out an update on what developers can expect. I am actually kind of jealous of those devs. that do attend BlackBerry Jam because they will be one of the first to actually get a taste of the new OS that will eventually become BlackBerry 10 when devices launch later this year. Some of the information is already known but if you are considering developing for BlackBerry 10 check out the information below:
What’s new with BlackBerry 10 Jam
- BlackBerry 10 Beta Tools – We will be releasing the first beta of the BlackBerry 10 Developer Tools. BlackBerry 10 Jam will be the first opportunity for developers to get hands-on time with the tools and have experts there to offer guidance and help. The new tools include:
- BlackBerry® 10 Native SDK
- BlackBerry® 10 WebWorks™ SDK
- BlackBerry® 10 SDK for Adobe® Air®
- BlackBerry® 10 SDK for Android™ apps
- BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha – Developers who attend BlackBerry 10 Jam will receive a testing unit to give them a leg up on BlackBerry 10 development. This unprecedented seeding is only for developers who join us at the conference. Please note space is limited and is filling up quickly now, so your readers will need to register as soon as possible.
- Unconference – We are giving our developer community the opportunity to drive session topics for the Unconference on the last day of the show, May 3, 2012. We are currently collecting ideas which can be submitted via our Facebook® page or on Twitter® (@BlackBerryDev) or on BlackBerry DevBlog. In the coming weeks we will host a Twtpoll and Facebook poll where everyone can vote on the topics in which they are most interested.
- Session Catalog Phase One is Live – The first part of our session catalog is up! Check out www.blackberryjamconference.com to see the first slate of sessions that have been released. Sessions are available on all the BlackBerry 10 toolsets for every experience level.
Session Highlight – Developing NFC Applications for BlackBerry 10
- This session examines how developers can use NFC (Near Field Communication) capabilities in their own BlackBerry® 10 applications. The focus will be on working with NFC tags (NFC Reader/Writer Mode). We’ll review use of the new BlackBerry 10 NFC native APIs and C/C++ coding techniques in the context of a sample NFC application.
Just for media
- Register now to attend BlackBerry World to get access to Press Panels on developer-focused topics including game development, social app development, enterprise apps and music app development; see BlackBerry 10 app demos; and hear from partners on BlackBerry 10 app momentum.
Useful Links Event Info: www.blackberryjamconference.com Jam Zone: developer.blackberry.com Dev Blog: devblog.blackberry.com Dev Success Story: developer.blackberry.com/whyblackberry/stories BlackBerry App World: appworld.blackberry.com/webstore