Forgot your password?

Your History of non-Blackberries

Home Forums Discuss Anything Your History of non-Blackberries

This topic contains 18 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  fastcivic416 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Barry
    Participant

So what smartphones did you have besides Blackberries? Were you always a Blackberry user? I’m sure we weren’t always faithful to RIM at points.. but we always keep coming back lol.

I’ve had

– Nokia E71

– Nokia E51

– Samsung Jack

– Sony Xperia x10 (actually never used it, got it as an upgrade but sold it right after lol)

– HTC Magic

– Moto Droid

– iphone 3g

I was a big Nokia fan because of its reputation for call quality and build quality, but its OS was just getting too far behind the competition.

through it all, the blackberries have been:

Curve 8900, Pearl Flip, Bold 9000, 9700, 9800, curve 8330

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

DanielH
    Participant

I was a sony clie loyalist for quite some time, 6 or 7 years until 2005, when Sony discontinued the line. Also, saw the coming demise of the PIM device and knew of the Palm OS disasters.

Blackberry 8310 arrived in October 2007 and right around that time is when I made the jump to the smartphone. Had the 8310 for quite some time until the 9700 arrived and I bought that the first week it came out.

Barry
    Participant

The 8300 was a great series, built solid as a rock and greast for a fleet device

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

DanielH
    Participant

barrist said:

The 8300 was a great series, built solid as a rock and greast for a fleet device

Still number 1 selling smartphone ever. Yes, solid as a rock, decent specs, good price range and they had a version on almost every carrier.

acwyau
    Participant

I started with PDA’s like the Sony Clie and then moved on to the Dell Axim. I then moved to Windows phones, HTC Titan and Touch before acquring my first BB, the Pearl. Since then, I have used the 8330, 9530, 9630, 8900 and now the Torch.

Terrence T
    Participant

dshcpa1 said:

Still number 1 selling smartphone ever. Yes, solid as a rock, decent specs, good price range and they had a version on almost every carrier.

Indeed. Love it too

Barry
    Participant

I liked the look of htcs but they always seemed kind of flimsy to me

Terrence T
    Participant

barrist said:

I liked the look of htcs but they always seemed kind of flimsy to me

Never had a good experience with HTC

My experience with Nokia went down with E72

Apple was alright.. just really not used to it

Sony erricson was well.. fine.

Samsung, LG was the worse of all

Barry
    Participant

oldnokia.jpg

i think i had this Nokia.. lol. classic

grmonkey
    Participant

use to be an iphone fan till i got the 3g and by midweek (wednesday i bought it on saturday) i was @ the apple store replacing it for a new one. The battery would die fast. couldn’t get a days work of battery life (no browsing, a few text and emails) a rep told me to turn off 3G to help with the issue. I told him i that i had turned off everything else and that the reason i bought the iphone 3G was for the the 3G speed. So they gave me a new one. That following Saturday i was @ at&t switching my iphone. the only other options i had as smart phone was my 8310 in red. Since then it has been Berry after berry. 8310>9000>9700>Dakota :D

BBM > Apple's millions.
    😀

Steve

My first BB was a Pearl, I loved that thing. Used it 2-3 years before the trackball finally wore out. Now, I have my 9700 and I really enjoy it. I really didn’t think I would like the larger device when I got it but I do. Before my Pearl, I had a Samsung Blackjack 2. I really disliked that device for some reason, can’t really explain it. Before that was a PDA made by HP (don’t remember the model) and I carried “regular” cell phones when I had that. My, how things have evolved.

grmonkey
    Participant

we all use to want a phone to talk on, and then came txt messages and then all we wanted to do was txt. Then email was accessible on phones so everyone thought they were cool wen they could check their email on their phone. The smart phone with qwerty keyboards came out. Phones that business people were the only ones to have were being made popular. We all became addicted to our berry’s and BBM was the only thing you would hear from any one who owned a blackberry.

Funny all just because we wanted to called while we were not @ home.

BBM > Apple's millions.
    😀

Fubaz

nokia 5190

nokia 6190

Ericson t18

ericson t68

Nokia 5100

a couple samsungs

BB 8700r

BB 8130

BB 9700 current.

Big Up Big Up, Its a Stick Up Stick Up

grmonkey
    Participant

Thats a long list. I think my list of flip phones would be long too if i could remember the model names and numbers.

BBM > Apple's millions.
    😀

DanielH
    Participant

Palm M505…one of the 5xx too long ago to remember

Sony Clie TJ37/free AT&T dumb phone

Sony Clie TH-55/free AT&T dumb phone

Blackberry 8310

Blackberry 9700 currently

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC