Yelp Releases Local Search BlackBerry App – Uses Bing Maps…

yelp I guess we missed this while I was out on vacation but Yelp released their local search app for BlackBerry. This free app gives you access to local businesses and information near you all based on your location. TechCrunch pointed out that Yelp is using Bing’s maps instead of the more common Google Maps for some technical reason. Still I think this is the first app to use Bing maps instead of Google…

If you are a Yelp fan this is definitely worth a download. I know many other apps have pulled in Yelp data but they finally released their own. Here is to hoping it becomes as feature full as the iPhone app they released previously.

Check it out at www.yelp.com/yelpmobile

1 comment on this postSubmit your comment!
  1. I love yelp (although I don’t “yelp” in the verb sense), but do we really need an app from them? Seriously, if there was an app for every site I visit I would fill up my 196MB too quickly. I think a decent, fast-loading mobile website is most crucial.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2024’ BerryReview LLC