Y! Fan Professional: Yahoo! Mobile Fantasy Sports App Now Available

yfan1 Derik let me know that he got an email from Y! Fan that they are releasing their BlackBerry app soon. It looks like the app is now available in the App World and will give you mobile access to your Yahoo! Fantasy Sports account. They are going to support OS 4.2.1+ devices so it should cover most people. Right now the app is going for $3.99 for a professional version but I heard rumors that they may have a free one… The download is a whopping 1.56MB so be wary about device memory.

Their website is still reporting the app as coming soon at this link but I found it in the app world by searching for “Fan”. (I really hate these apps that are only available in the App World… I cannot link directly to them)

From the description:

Y! Fan allows you to access your Yahoo! Fantasy Sports head-to-head or rotisserie pool teams in football, baseball, basketball and hockey. You can manage your teams roster including setting the current lineup, view stats, examine head-to-head match-ups, review current pool standings and look at head-to-head schedules. It also enables you to access live boxscores and read previews/recaps for all the games your teams players are involved in.
If you have the Stats Tracker feature from Yahoo!, your teams stats will be updated in real time.
Imagine being able to check your stats or make lineup changes while watching the game at the bar with friends or sitting in an airport, on a bus/train, in line at the supermarket, or anywhere else. With an interface that is far superior to that of a browser, Y! Fan offers the ability for sports junkies to access their pool teams from anywhere, at anytime, directly from their BlackBerry®.

Features:

• Access to NFL Football, MLB Baseball, NHL Hockey and NBA Basketball pools  including Plus editions
  • Supports Head-to-Head and Rotisserie style pools
  • Ability to manage your roster, moving players from active to the bench and vice versa
  • Ability to view your team s performance for any day of the year
  • Ability to track your team s progression up your pools standings
  • Ability to view Head-to-Head match-ups and season schedule
  • Pool message board access for reading and posting messages
  • Access to your teams player notes
  • Sport specific information including live scores, standings, injury reports, news and fantasy reports
  • Ability to view recent transactions made in your league
  • We are not only the Y! Fan developers, but its biggest users! We hope you will find this app as useful as we do for accessing NFL Football, MLB Baseball, NHL Hockey and NBA Basketball pools including Plus editions.
4 total comments on this postSubmit your comment!