Forgot your password?

What's coming for Verizon?

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion What's coming for Verizon?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ronen Halevy 6 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ShvartzBerry
    Participant

I have a VZ 8330 and my contract is up next week. I was trying to decide what my next move should be. I don’t think I want a Storm 2. I still don’t think I can handle the lack of a physical keyboard. The 9650 looks like the best offering they have currently. But the answer to these questions might affect whether I jump on one now or wait:

1) Is there a Storm 3 coming out soon. (I might go for that since it would have OS6.)

2) Verizon is advertising LTE pretty heavily now and they say it will be in my area by the end of the year. Is there any hope of an LTE BB or is that still way off?

3) Anything else new and exciting planned for Verizon?

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

You are asking hard questions but I can only answer based on rumors:

Currently there is a Storm3 in the works but I am hearing that it is pushed off to around March 2011

An LTE BlackBerry is pretty much a pipe dream for now. There will be no real LTE phones from any company until late 2011 or early 2012. Most of the first devices will be laptop cards

The main update for Verizon right now is BlackBerry 6 coming to the BlackBerry Bold 9650. There is also the 9330 and I heard rumors of a CDMA BlackBerry Pearl 9130

ShvartzBerry
    Participant

Thanks.

I guess my only other question would be is the Storm2 capable of OS6 and will Verizon be rolling that out? I think I’ve seen some chatter on BerryReview leaning towards a “no” on that.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Sadly it looks like the Storm2 will not be getting BlackBerry 6 according to RIM. There was supposed to be a refresh that would have had BlackBerry 6 but rumor has it that it was canceled…

DavidB
    Participant

I’d go Bold 9650 if I were you. It’s going to me a MASSIVE upgrade from the 8330, AND can run BlackBerry 6.

DavidB
    Verizon Bold 9930 work
    Verizon Droid Bionic play

ShvartzBerry
    Participant

Well, I ended up doing one better. I switched to AT&T and got the Torch! What a sweet device! What’s even better, while I was in the middle of checking out on AmazonWireless, the price dropped from $80 to $0.01!

I do have a couple of gripes but here is probably not the place.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Yeah I know I just noticed the drastic price drop on Amazon. Gonna mention it tomorrow

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC