Forgot your password?

Update: Visual Voicemail for AT&T BlackBerry users

Home Forums BlackBerry News Update: Visual Voicemail for AT&T BlackBerry users

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Nikon1 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Greg Myers
    Participant

We just got a tip that while the upgraded BlackBerry Bold OS for AT&T won’t be released until tommorrow, the feature code for Visual Voicemail for BlackBerry handsets is in the system.

You know what that means, right? If you’re running a Bold OS that has the Visual Voicemail icon on it, you can call up your friendly AT&T customer service rep, ask them to add the Visual Voicemail feature to your account, and you should be good to go.

(Courtesy: KP via our tips section. Thanks for the tip KP)
    Update: Visual Voicemail for AT&T BlackBerry users

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Any additional charge?

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

follow up…

Called CS at ATT and they said all there is in the system is ENHANCED VOICEMAIL..which has a cost of 1.99 per month

She could not find visual voicemail code in the system…

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

The feature code for this is in the at&t system as BBVV.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Yep, just tell them the code BBVV and they’ll set it up for ya.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Boom! BBVV worked like a charm. CS was unable to add it, but technical support was able to.

Setting it up now.!

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

UPDATE!!

About 5 minutes later, ATT called, and said “VVM is not available for your phone right now”….They completely screwed me…I now don’t have regular VM or VVM….

Beware…

AdamG
    Participant

You do have a Bold, right? This is Bold only, so far.

I had my VVM provisioned this morning with no issues, as opposed to last Friday when I tried and they never heard of VVm for Bold.

Call back again, from a different phone, stay on the line as the rep provisions you. If it doesn’t work, call again.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

I called today, and told them I have two questions:

1. “Is it free for my Bold?” Answer: Yes.

2. “Can you turn it on; I have the Visual Voicemail icon already”. Answer: Yes.

And it works great. Just like my wife’s iPhone’s visual voicemail.

Tomorrow, I will download the new version of the OS, I guess. But I had VV today (on the 24th).

Nikon1

I didn’t even have to call AT&T Customer Service: I just went to the “Manage Your Account” page, clicked on to add features and Visual VoiceMail was a selection that was there. Cost is listed as N/C. The page explained that if you didn’t already have the VVM icon you would have to download the update – but all I had to do was power cycle my Bold and go through the VVM setup on the phone – and it worked!

Nikon1

Oh – don’t forget that you HAVE to re-setup your AT&T voice mailbox before it will work correctly. I am currently running FW .282 as the new FW release hasn’t shown up yet – and everything works great! Some are suggesting that you will have to downgrade 10 .167 to get the OTA upgraded FW. Hopefully it will show up as a DM package today?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC