Forgot your password?

UPDATE: New BlackBerry Messenger for OS 4.5 – OS 5.1 Leaked

Home Forums BlackBerry News UPDATE: New BlackBerry Messenger for OS 4.5 – OS 5.1 Leaked

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

newbbmleak Luis let you know that the Storm edition of the new BlackBerry Messenger was leaked. Now it looks like it is available for the Storm, Tour, 8900, 83XX, and even OS 5.1.0 & 5.0.0!

Big shout out to the guys at BlackBerryOS for hooking us all up!

Direct download links @ Megaupload

Check out the download links here. Sadly they are desktop manager only for now.

Download it NOW and let us know what you find!
    UPDATE: New BlackBerry Messenger for OS 4.5 – OS 5.1 Leaked

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Bb 9000 verry fine

skashyap

Hey Guys,

I am one of the many who installed bb messenger 5.0 as soon as it came out. Worked fine for a day after which it started having issues, 3 out of 5 messages would go, the status of my contacts wouldn’t change, messages would be delayed by 20 min etc etc.

I managed to do a good install used it for 3 days now without any issue, although i probably wiped my phone 10 15 times until i realized the problem. It seems that 1st you cant install the new bb messenger on top of the old one, neither can you load contacts from the old one to the new one from a back up (Went through all databases one by one). Both of these create a issue with the bbm.

What I did was use jl cmdr, and wipe out my entire blackberry and reloaded the os minus blackberry messenger. Then I installed the new blackberry messenger on the phone with a clean os which has no blackberry messenger files. I then loaded my entire backup on my phone the normal way and got a java error my bbm wasn’t working. But what i did was use the bbm to create a backup of all my contacts on my media card.

I repeated the entire process again wiping the phone, loaded the os without bbm, installed the new one once the phone started and imported all my contacts through my backup. Now what i did, i opened my backup through the advanced feature of desktop manager and loaded all my databases except the bb messenger, Google messenger ones.

My phone works like a charm plus I didn’t loose all my databases. What i did loose was my applications but i didn’t mind installing 10 of them again.

Hope this works for you guys

skashyap

I backed up my contacts first time through the new bb messenger just as clarification……………it opened let me backup but didnt let me send messages

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

This is used for the ‘Recovery Emails’ section of ‘Edit My Info’. It wirelessly backs up your contact list for you. If you reinstall, it will send that email again, BBM reads the email and says, “Yep, that’s for me.” and then it requests your contacts back and restores them. Works like a charm; had to do it last night when I installed OS 5.0.0.130 and reinstalled BBM.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

This happened to my friend too. I wonder if you have to update your version before doing it. I’m running the 4.5.0.138 and mine is working with no problems.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Does anyone know the story with the barcode and what to do with it?

Let me know if ya’ll find something out.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

HOOW DID YOU INSTALLED to your bb pearl?!!! i want too!!

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

how do i remove bb messenger from my storm.

I dont use it and dont want it running

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

i downloaded the new bbm, i thought it was a system update because it was sent to my friends phone then it was sent to my phone.

i really dont like it and i was wondering how do i get my old one back

ezzy
    Participant

i got a notification on my phone about the new bbm so i upgraded

i didnt know it was a bug because it was sent through my phone and also my friend told me about it

and how she also downloaded it.

i really dont like the new one, and i was wondering how i can get the old one back

can someone please help me

ASAP!!

thanx

AnonymousPosts: 0
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC