Forgot your password?

UMA on the Torch works fine

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion UMA on the Torch works fine

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  pingfriend 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

William Archer
    Participant

Hi, all.

This evening I decided to really abuse UMA on a Rogers Wireless Torch. I connected to the Talkspot Service and, once I had the UMA notification at the top of my Torch screen (about 30 minutes later) – I was ready to play.

I turned off the GSM radio (I turned the feature for wireless network to “WiFi Only” from “WiFi preferred”.

– SMS: Able to send and receive fine

– BBM: Works exactly as normal.

– Voice: Able to place and recieve calls just fine.

– Browsing: Same. Works as expected.

I was a little surprised about the SMS service working – it makes sense but I expected it to fail.

Hope this helps any others.

Cheers!

PS: The price for this add-on for Nation-wide calling in Canada is $15/month. Rogers will try and ship a “voice optimised” router to you but my Cisco setup seems happy enough to carry the traffic. I am now going back through some of my recent bills to see if “free long distance” and no wireless minutes actually saves me $15.

Luis Merlos

That’s pretty cool same here with mine

pingfriend

Hi all!

Here a website to meet othe Blackberry users !!

http://www.pingfriend.com !!

http://www.pingfriend.com !!

Put a Face to your Blackberry ping !!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC