Forgot your password?

TV Guide for BlackBerry Discontinued by Handmark…

Home Forums BlackBerry News TV Guide for BlackBerry Discontinued by Handmark…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ronen Halevy 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Handmarktvguide2[3]It is always a sad day when a free BlackBerry application is discontinued… Handmark released a free TV Guide application over a year ago. The app had some great information but the speed was horrendously slow! Still I know quite a few people who had the app running regularly on their BlackBerry.

Steve let me know that the TV Guide product page tvguide.handmark.com now shows the following message:

TV Guide for BlackBerry, Windows Mobile Smartphones and Pocket PC’s is no longer available.

Their help guide says more or less the same thing… Anybody going to miss this app?

Developers: Maybe somebody wants to pick up where Handmark left off and use data from http://www.epguides.com or http://www.tvrage.com or even PogDesigns TV Calendar?

TV Guide for BlackBerry Discontinued by Handmark…

mike068

I use the app and I agree it is a bit slow, anyone know it the app will continue to work?

Have A Nice Day !!!!
    My BB Pin # 32A1618E
    9650 Bold / O.S. Changes A Lot

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

I liked the concept of this app but I agree that it was way to slow for everyday use. Now if Directv will come out with an app like it did for the iphone.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Hey Mike068. This app has been discontinued months ago. That info on Handmark’s page as been there for about 2-3 months. If your app is still working then that’s great. Wish I had a copy of it for my tour. Now I just go to TV Guide.com and use that. Oh well.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

My copy is still working and even had an advertisement banner on the bottom for Dish Network. It’s just as fast as ever…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC