Forgot your password?

Torch Video Play?

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion Torch Video Play?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  DavidB 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

paulak77

I am having trouble playing any videos that are not on youtube. Is anyone else having that problem with the Torch? Besides this I love it!

acwyau
    Participant

What kind of videos are you trying to watch on your Torch? Are they web videos? If they are flash-based, you won’t be able to watch them on your Torch. Only Android phones support flash currently.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Yeah what videos are you trying to get to work?

paulak77

I am trying to watch any video online that is not on youtube – nothing seems to open!

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Yeah most streaming video won’t work on most mobile devices unless they support flash

paulak77 said:

I am trying to watch any video online that is not on youtube – nothing seems to open!

paulak77

Ronen they do play on my husband’s android based OS and it does not support flash. I will keep trying, but I think there may be something wrong with my phone or the OS. I do hope there is a chance with the playbook coming out with flash that maybe the Torch will get an update to do that also. Do you think that is a possibility? Thanks for all your input.

acwyau
    Participant

Android does support flash, at least the newer builds do. I don’t see the Torch supporting flash until they make a QNX-based version.

paulak77

Thank you all so much for the information! :)

DavidB
    Participant

paulak77 said:

Perhaps if you gave us a link to some video you are trying to view, we could take a look at it and tell you exactly why it will or won’t play on BlackBerry.

DavidB
    Verizon Bold 9930 work
    Verizon Droid Bionic play

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC