torch 9850 froze up on reboot? Help?

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion torch 9850 froze up on reboot? Help?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  LCromwell 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

LCromwell
    Participant

I have pulled the battery,been on line for 5 hrs today with RIM all the way to tier 2 still cannot get after load for it to complete rebooting. It freezes at the 3/4 on the reboot white line.

Anyone? Oh I have used different batteries.

PB Forever
    Participant

Have you tried a security wipe? Sounds like there might be a corrupt file somewhere. Don't back up your phone before you do this or it might reload that corrupt file… You might have to do it via your desktop manager… good luck.

LCromwell
    Participant

I spent over 10 hrs on the phone with RIM. Finally got a RIM EE in Canada and 5 hrs later we got it fixed. Ended up reinstalling a previous OS and formatting the media files I believe.

PB Forever
    Participant

Sooo, security wipe and reinstall, eh?! LOL :) Glad it was fixed.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Yeah the security wipe install is the hail mary that tends to work

LCromwell
    Participant

Yes but it has totally now gone to a white screen and RIM has said the DEVICE is FUBAR! They tried with me to get it back up and running, but it will not do that. RIM handed me off to VZW and the lady there is trying to get an approval for another phone to be sent out to me.

So I'm holding my breath.

The other option I figured out is to add a second line using my old NOKIA and just never using it. Then I would be able to get a new TORCH 9850 for $19.95. Put that on my line and pay and additional $120 a year for 2 Years. But actually in 11 months I could cancel my original line and switch the TORCH to the newer line that would have 1 year left on it and save another $120.

PB Forever
    Participant

Wouldn't it be cheaper to find a use BB on ebay or craigslist and use that for now until the BB10 comes out?

Good luck with VZW. Hope they find a phone for you. I had that happened to me a while back… oy!! I thought I lost a limb when my phone went down. LOL :D

LCromwell
    Participant

Yes but the phones on Ebay are crap. Very expensive too. More than I paid for my BB which was $125 new in the box.

Now VZW tells me the extended warranty is only a $1 a month. The insurance is what costs so much.

scuebydue
    Participant

Mines done that before. Get BBSAK. Install the os for your phone. Then pull battery out. run bbsak. Put battery in, and you have to then be fast. Click when it shows it finds your pin and you can get into apploader before it fails.

If you want more detailed info, look it up on google.

LCromwell
    Participant

Corey I can't install the OS. It goes to a white screen in the middle of JVM period.

scuebydue
    Participant

So did mine. Like I said, you have to be very fast. Took me a few times but I finally got it. But maybe your phone was beyond even that

LCromwell
    Participant

Corey maybe I don't understand what you are saying? It sounded like you were saying to was to install the OS then use BBSAK? If I am to use BBSAK to actually install OS then maybe that will work?

scuebydue
    Participant

Yeah that's what I mean. Pull your battery. Load your OS to your pc. Load up bbsak. Plug phone to pc. THen put in battery. If you do it right it can load it.

You can also pull up app loader from common files and do the same process. Key is to be quick with the clicks and screen reads.

LCromwell
    Participant

Keeps saying no connection. VZW just agreed to send me a certfied pre owned device. Should be here tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2014’ BerryReview LLC