Forgot your password?

Tip: Installing OS6 "modules could not be resolved" error

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion Tip: Installing OS6 "modules could not be resolved" error

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Terrence T 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

DanielH
    Participant

Well, I made the jump and installed OS6 on my AT&T 9700. I was previously on OS5…979. I downloaded Vodafone’s official OS6 release (.380). I deleted the vendor file went for the install through desktop manager and received the following error message, which from some internet searches is a common problem:

“one or more modules could not be resolve”

If anyone else runs into this problem, the solution is to simply open the application loader from windows explorer (I’m on win 7 so other locations might be slightly different)

cprogram files (x86)common filesresearch in motionAppLoader

and the file you want to click on is: loader

This will prompt the OS install and should fix the module error, not sure what was causing it.

Barry
    Participant

Yeah it’s always a good idea I find to install any OS directly with the Loader than through DM.

Did you wipe your device before upgrading to OS6? I usually wipe before any OS update (back up in DM, wipe with BBSAK, shrink OS, then install using Loader).

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

DanielH
    Participant

I backed up in DM and BBSAK, didn’t wipe or shrink OS, and then loaded it.

Was going to leave it for new post but I already went back to OS5.

Terrence T
    Participant

Turn off the internet works too

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC