Forgot your password?

Three Applications Claim to Help You Drive Safely…

Home Forums BlackBerry News Three Applications Claim to Help You Drive Safely…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ronen Halevy 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

zoomsafer I personally think that an application is not going to help much in terms of forcing you to drive safely but I guess it cannot hurt. Over the past few weeks I have heard of 3 new applications that claim to help you keep your eyes on the road:

The first is called ZoomSafer and it is currently in public beta. It has features like playing a message to remind yourself to drive safely along with automatic speed detection. It can also share with friends and family over email and social networks when you start and stop driving. It has a bunch of more features like only allowing up to 3 people to call you while driving and suppressing inbound email and text messages. Sound exciting? Check it out at http://www.zoomsafer.com

The second on my list is http://www.Drivesafe.ly which is free for now as long as you become their fan on Facebook. It claims to put an end to texting while driving. Talk about a must have application!

The last was spotted by Kyle on BlackBerry Cool and is called BAC Finder. This app actually costs money ($2.99 in the store) and helps you calculate your blood alcohol level before driving base on what you drank.

All three of these applications just make me wonder if these people should be driving in the first place… Next we will have a app to remind you to buckle your seatbelt. Or better yet one acts as a backseat driver yelling at you to watch out every few minutes. What do you think?

Three Applications Claim to Help You Drive Safely…

automan69
    Participant

I had this on my blackberry for about a day.(Zoomsafer) It has potential for some people but not for me. I drive long distances in my coach bus which has no radio. So I love listening to my MP3 player with Only 1 ear bud so I still hear my passengers and road noice. Zoomsafer renders all of your blackberry. Yes they do have an options for passenger and disable it up to an hour. But this is no good for me. Its a pain every hour to going into passenger mode then goto Mp3. So give it a try and see if you love it or shove it.

Wouldn't it be nice if when ever we messed up our live we could simply press ' Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over??

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

My name is Matt Howard and I am the co-founder of ZoomSafer.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the initial beta service. We’re just 1 week into the beta and indeed we’re getting tons of great feedback from all sorts of people — and we’ve already made some key modifications based on what people are telling us.

Phase Two of the beta is due in November and will include a variety of additional customization and configuration enhancements — plus the introduction of our Voice Safety Portal (VSP) which will enable people to send/receive voice powered text and email messages with your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road.

We’re just getting started — but this initial beta is a solid first step. Going forward we will aggressively enhance and refine the the service based on feedback from all of our users.

Thanks for the opportunity to post.

mjh

[email protected]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC