Three Applications Claim to Help You Drive Safely…

zoomsafer I personally think that an application is not going to help much in terms of forcing you to drive safely but I guess it cannot hurt. Over the past few weeks I have heard of 3 new applications that claim to help you keep your eyes on the road:

The first is called ZoomSafer and it is currently in public beta. It has features like playing a message to remind yourself to drive safely along with automatic speed detection. It can also share with friends and family over email and social networks when you start and stop driving. It has a bunch of more features like only allowing up to 3 people to call you while driving and suppressing inbound email and text messages. Sound exciting? Check it out at www.zoomsafer.com

The second on my list is www.Drivesafe.ly which is free for now as long as you become their fan on Facebook. It claims to put an end to texting while driving. Talk about a must have application!

The last was spotted by Kyle on BlackBerry Cool and is called BAC Finder. This app actually costs money ($2.99 in the store) and helps you calculate your blood alcohol level before driving base on what you drank.

All three of these applications just make me wonder if these people should be driving in the first place… Next we will have a app to remind you to buckle your seatbelt. Or better yet one acts as a backseat driver yelling at you to watch out every few minutes. What do you think?

2 total comments on this postSubmit your comment!