Thanks to Berry Review and The Berry Review Forums

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion Thanks to Berry Review and The Berry Review Forums

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Steve 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

kiddo2050
    Participant

There were some dark days for RIM and it was hard at times not to jump ship. One big reason I stayed was the community here on Berry Review. These forums allowed me to vent my frustrations rather than throw the device out the window. Honestly, I was probably too hard on my PB and 9900 because of all the bad press getting one down about RIM.

Having said this, I am super glad that I stuck around to be in on BB10 from the early stages and to be a BB owner today and proud BB10 owner soon! I wouldn't have been in this position without you guys!

I know there are still a boat load of doubters out there, but they doubted tomorrow would ever come, and it will. Even if these are the last devices RIM ever produces (which I highly doubt) I will be happy to own what seems like an amazing device.

I can hardly wait!

Thanks!!!

PB Forever
    Participant

Glad you stuck around Kiddo! I know it was close call for you at times. :) I can't wait for tomorrow and however many tomorrows before I get the new BB10 in my hot little hands. I feel like a kid at Christmas. I know there are doubters out there and will continue to be doubters but I don't regret my decision to stay with BB and all the incredible support from the forums and all the regulars on the forums! Go RIM Go! :)

jforce
    Participant

You guys rule. The BR community is awesome. Less than an hour till the big launch

DanielH
    Participant

Agreed, I love being part of the BR community and I can not wait to get a Z10 or Q10, still undecided lol

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Glad to hear it guys. I find BerryReview to be a sort of extended family. Great to have you guys around!

Trust me I own a Z10 and have played with the Q10. These phones are awesome. They are just missing small tweaks that RIM is improving. Hell they fixed half of the things I complained about in a week.

Steve

So Ronen, which device do you prefer? And, are you an all touch or physical keyboard guy? I, too, enjoy hanging out here. Just passed my two year mark a few days ago.

kiddo2050
    Participant

Well… yet more frustration… it really is sad that US carriers are not supporting Blackberry. Yes they might carry it at some undetermined date in the future but it's pretty clear they don't want to.

Until I hear a date certain from Verizon or AT&T I have to assume there is no real commitment there. What is the cost of putting up a web page that says leave your email we'll tell you something in the future? Very disappointing, dare I say it .. again.

An BTW I'm not greedy, just pick a date any date. That shows at least planning.

Steve

I couldn't have said it any better myself, kiddo. Pretty damn sad if you ask me, not that anyone did.

Marc Paradise
    Participant

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

I am going to give the z10 a fair shot. I'm really digging it but the q10 packs the qwerty

BBA Brian
    Participant

Yah mon!

Luis Merlos

Awesome, good to hear Kiddo.

we do this for fun and to share what we enjoy. I am not a huge touchscreen person am a slow typer, hated that about the androids. With the Z10 am faster, and not only that the dual language auto dection is awesome, i speak two languages and this is by far the best keyboard I've used on a touch screen.

jeffreyh

Z10 keyboard and predictive text is a game changer for you qwerty keyboard die hards that are waiting for the Q. The predictive keyboard is very quick and intuitive and learns your speech habits. It spells pretty well too. I would think that after one day you would be a convert. I had a 9800 Torch and hated both keyboards but love the z10.

Steve

Well, Jeffrey to be honest I am still on the fence…and ATT. That's why I don't have my 10 yet. I originally wanted a Q being an old die hard qwerty guy but using my PB all the time made me think that maybe it was time to move to the Z. Since then I've been reading about the 2100mah battery on the Q and have sorta swung back the other way since I love long lasting batteries on my devices. Thanks for posting (maybe a little sarcasm :-) in there

) it gives me something more to think about. I did read that maybe the Z is coming mid March and if the Q is soon behind I might, that is might, wait. I kinda doubt it though. Welcome to BR also. Hope you stick around

PB Forever
    Participant

Steve, I was a diehard qwerty bb keyboard person. I was really unsure about getting the Z10 (especially with the previous experience with the old BB touch suretype phone) but I'd figure I'd give this new phone a try (and I also hated all the other touchscreen phone keyboards out there, especially the iPhone). Well I'm an absolute convert now. I still wouldn't use any other touch screen keyboard out there except for BBs. They've mastered their screen and the flick motion for the words! Wow, after three weeks of using the keyboard I can complete whole paragraphs faster than I can type on a keyboard. It's eerie how quickly the keyboard learns new words. Just type a word three times and it'll pop it up afterwards. If you use a phrase enough it will pop up the words for the phrase so you never have to actually type it. You just flick the words up. It's gotten to a point that I don't even understand why people need to polk at their keyboards like on Android or iPhones when it's so intuitive to flick the words up! :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2014’ BerryReview LLC