Forgot your password?

STORM 3 Specs leaked!

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion STORM 3 Specs leaked!

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Barry 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Barry
    Participant

http://www.bgr.com/2011/01/14/exclusive-blackberry-storm-3-shows-up-tells-all/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheBoyGeniusReport+%28BGR+|+Boy+Genius+Report%29

* 1.2GHz processor

* 3.7-inch 800 x 480 capacitive display

* Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE

* Tri-band UMTS/HSPA

* 5-megapixel camera with 720p video recording

* 8GB eMMC (storage for apps and data), 512MB of RAM

* microSD slot

* Magnetometer

* Proximity sensor

* Accelerometer

* Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR

* 2.4GHz b/g/n and 5GHz a/n Wi-Fi + UMA

* 3G Mobile hotspot

* Optical trackpad

* 1230 mAh battery

* BlackBerry OS 6.1

* OpenGL ES 2.0

woo!

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

Barry
    Participant

barrist said:

Is there a big difference in speed between 3G and EDGE? Always heard it was not as big as people thought

I haven’t done speed tests or anything but I’ve downloaded mp3s on both, 3G is definitely faster but neither make much difference to me. I’m not complaining but my expectations aren’t high either because I have a cable connection at home. Apparently for iphone users it does matter though.

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

Edwin
    Participant

Did u just read UMA support can this be coming to t-mobile crossing my fingers

Barry
    Participant

Perhaps! But there is also UMA on Rogers

Edwin
    Participant

@barrist you right i forgot about that. hey i can always dream. I am using the torch now and im on tmobile, i just dislike using edge that sometimes i catch myself going back to my 9700 for the 3G.

Barry
    Participant

Is there a big difference in speed between 3G and EDGE? Always heard it was not as big as people thought

Barry
    Participant

I’m really loving the big increases in screen resolution across the board for these new devices.. that alone will make them look alot fresher.

citystars41
    Participant

that is a great point you brought up. originally there wasnt a big difference between 3g and edge, after upgrades to their 3g network, there became a noticeable difference. So this brings me to the next point…. 4g and 3g :) As a blackberry user not getting a 4g blackberry, am I upset? NOPE and here is why. 4G is a myth

Building the BlackBerry empire one user at a time

Barry
    Participant

Interesting article.. 4G looks like a good sell job by a marketing team,.. as usual

DanielH
    Participant

citystars41 said:

that is a great point you brought up. originally there wasnt a big difference between 3g and edge, after upgrades to their 3g network, there became a noticeable difference. So this brings me to the next point…. 4g and 3g :) As a blackberry user not getting a 4g blackberry, am I upset? NOPE and here is why. 4G is a myth

Yes, it also depends on how developed the carriers network is. One of the things you hear a lot about is AT&T’s 3G network in the big cities, NYC and San Fran, there are definitely people who feel the coverage is atrocious (doesn’t matter what phone you’re using) so I’m hearing the same things about 4G now. It’s only available in certain cities, its not at full strength yet, some carriers have been 4G than others…

DanielH
    Participant

citystars41 said:

As a blackberry user not getting a 4g blackberry, am I upset? NOPE and here is why. 4G is a myth

Yes, good article. Not really a surprise that it’s a marketing job. Maybe it will be different for me since the playbook is bigger but I for one am not downloading high-res full-length movies on my blackberry lol

Barry
    Participant

Some more tidbits coming in from n4bbs twitter feed:

Quote:

“@N4_BB: True Fact #2: Monaco is as about as thick as the Curve Sedona…it’s a nice thin slate!”

“@N4_BB: True Fact #3: Verizon and Sprint are testing the Monaco, Verizon should get it first.”

In testing right now!

Let’s hear an announcement RIM!

Barry
    Participant

Not too sure how credible this site is, but it claims that it’s heard that RIM may announce the next Storm at the upcoming CeBIT (March 1)?

http://socialbarrel.com/is-blackberry-storm-3-monaco-release-date-first-week-of-march/3129/

Quote:
    Announcement of the model, according to preliminary reports, will most likely be held during (Information Communication Technology) Expo CeBIT-2011 in Hannover, Germany that is scheduled from 1st – 5th March 2011, where many of the manufacturers traditionally present their new innovations and gadgets.

With the recent reports of the new Bold (Dakota) releasing as early as Spring. I’m hoping where there’s smoke, there’s fire. If RIM can get these phones out by Q2, that would be huge.

PapaPompous

Wow this doesn’t sound like a blackberrys specs at all. I love it. Still have my store 2 looks like a big jump.

Barry
    Participant

Yes its actually quite comparable to the thunderbolt, which garnered a lot of praise at CES

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC