Forgot your password?

Sprint Sneaking Out OS 4.7.1.57 for the BlackBerry Tour?

Home Forums BlackBerry News Sprint Sneaking Out OS 4.7.1.57 for the BlackBerry Tour?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ronen Halevy 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

I’m out of luck as my BES admin has disabled wireless updates.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Dominik let us know about a post by a Sprint admin on their official forums about OS 4.7.1.57 for the BlackBerry Tour. Looks like it is quietly being pushed out through Wireless Updates for select individuals. Seems like some people are not having that much luck with the update but it looks like it is coming soon.

Check it out and see if you have it by going to Options>Advanced options>Wireless Update

If it works for you let us know!

Sprint Sneaking Out OS 4.7.1.57 for the BlackBerry Tour?

kam2958
    Participant

didn’t work on my sprint 9630 – said no updates available

randmthought

I’m in Kansas City and it worked on mine. Took about an hour and a half and I don’t see anything different. Haven’t had a chance to try the bluetooth yet though. It sucks because before the update I had 99mb of memory still left on my phone and now I start out with 79 after a battery pull. Don’t download it if you aren’t having any problems.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

I just checked the sprint download site on blackberry.com and they have not posted it up. If this is legit I wonder when they will post it up for download.

randmthought

You do this as a wireless update on your handset as stated in the article. Options>Advanced options>Wireless Update – You will get a message that there is an update available if it’s available in your area.

Tom
    Participant

I don’t believe that it is specific to an area. Wireless OTA updates as well as auto updates via the Desktop Manager are typically not offered to BES subscribers, which might answer why some see it and others do not. Also, for web-based updates, RIM verifies “eligibility” by PIN, which ties a device to a carrier.

Also, this specific release (i.e., OS v4.7.1.57) apparently addresses a known security vulnerability in OS v4.7.1.x (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/viewContent.do?externalId=KB19552, “BlackBerry Browser dialog box does not clearly indicate mismatches between web site domain names and associated certificates”). The KB article also identifies other OS versions that are affected and the OS version that fixes the issue.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Umm yeah I know that as well. If you read my first post you would see that I can’t do it because of my BES status.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC