September 29, 2009 at 6:34 AM #174143
Luis MerlosModeratorPosts: 431
Recently, I’ve had the opportunity to test and suggest new features for the latest software to protect your BlackBerry smart phone, it’s called Smrtguard. Their latest software brings many features that strive to protect your BlackBerry and avoid sensitive information landing in the wrong hands. One of the increasing trends among criminals is to steal smart phones such as the BlackBerry since devices like this often contain valuable information and can easily be sold for a good sum.
One of the best features that this software brings to the BlackBerry is the ability to back up your data OTA, such as email, contacts, memos, tasks, events, call logs, and restore them back to your BlackBerry. This feature is simple to use and works great, all you do is back it up instantaneously or set a specific time frame. On another note, this reminds me of one of the most useful features of BES similar to this, it allows your data and settings to be backed up OTA and re-synced to your BlackBerry.
So let’s say for example you misplace your BlackBerry and can’t find it, simply log on to the SmrtGuard website and press a button to locate it by sending a command to play a sound locator.
If you happen to lose your BlackBerry, you can either track it live if the BlackBerry is turned on, get the location or simply wipe the device by sending a message to destruct all the information it contains.
- Back up data, includes contacts with pictures, email, call logs, calendar, auto text, events
- Restore all that information (currently only supports from BlackBerry to BlackBerry)
- SIM Guard – notifies you if the SIM card is replaced
- Option to follow yourself
- Personal guardian – if you happen to find yourself in trouble, you can preset a message via email or SMS to call for help to a set number or 911
The web interface also has some great features
- View all of your back up data, even view contacts that have pictures
- Send a command to self destruct
- Lock the device
- Audio ping helps you locate your BlackBerry if you misplace it
- Remote listen – you can command your BB to call you back and listen in
Similar software offers features, but this application is simple, easy to use and packs quite a few options to protect your phone and your information on it. It may not always help you recover your lost or stolen device, but in most cases you can protect whatever you store on it.
Currently, the application is closed for beta testing, but should be available commercially before mid to end of April. We will keep you updated once the application goes live. You can visit their site for more information at http://www.smrtguard.com
SmrtGuard for BlackBerrySeptember 29, 2009 at 6:34 AM #181627
Ronen HalevyKeymasterPosts: 2,906
This site is really quite good. . .
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.