Forgot your password?

Show memory usage by application

Home Forums Questions and Answers Show memory usage by application

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  DavidB 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Derek Brown
    Participant

I have 40+ applications installed on my Tour, and I have between 5-25MB of flash memory free at any given time, with the 25MB being immediately after a battery pull. I like to install and uninstall apps fairly regularly, which I’m sure is part of my problem, but is there an app that can show what is being used? I have 256MB of total space, and I’m curious what the big memory hogs are. In Windows, I use a program called WinDirStat, does something like this exist for the ‘Berry?

Derek Brown
    Sr. Systems Engineer
    Vision One IT Consulting

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

One of the nice things on the Torch and Blackberry 6 is that there is a simple way to see that in the settings. On older devices your best bet is to plug it into your computer and use desktop manager to see whats on there. If you want a bit more control try vnbbutil or BBSAK.

DavidB
    Participant

I know when my Storm is getting low on RAM, some native OS app pops up listing all my installed apps and how much memory they consume and offering to select which apps to uninstall. I’m not sure it’s completely accurate, but it’s something. But I don’t know how to get it to manually come up, there’s probably some trick (like the alt-NMLL keyboard shortcut to change the “bars” to “numbers”) but I haven’t found one, let alone something Storm friendly.

You could always just load Viigo on your device. Toss a bunch of feeds in it and within a day or less you’ll be getting that “low memory” screen popping up since Viigo leaks memory so bad! ;)

DavidB
    Verizon Bold 9930 work
    Verizon Droid Bionic play

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

What are you talking about David? I have never heard of such a popup. I used to get one trying to get me to remove unused languages on certain OS builds but most of them just idiotically decided to cannibalize your email and calendar entries along with your phone log.

DavidB
    Participant

I will see if it will Zonasnap. I get it on my Storm all the time, though nowhere near as often since purging Viigo from my device and buying BerryReader.

DavidB
    Verizon Bold 9930 work

DavidB
    Participant

The app is called:

net_rim_bb_appremoval_app

Maybe some clever coder can write a little stub app for launching it manually?

DavidB
    Verizon Bold 9930 work

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC