Forgot your password?

Shazam Music Recognition – 5 Song Free Per Month

Home Forums BlackBerry News Shazam Music Recognition – 5 Song Free Per Month

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ronen Halevy 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ronen Halevy

The 5 free songs per month (after the first month) was in place since it’s release. It said it on the opening screen when you launched it. Nothing has been modified.

Ronen Halevy

shazam_store We mentioned Shazam back when it launched in April but since then it looks like they have changed a bit. Back then the app was free for the first month after launch and would cost $4.99 afterwards. Now it looks like Shazam has modified that to let you tag 5 songs free each month before you have to pay.

If you do decide to pay the one time $4.99 fee you will get unlimited Tags along with Tag Charts, Similar Tracks, Artist Bios, Reviews and Discographies. They give you a free 7 day trial of the additional features so you can see if it is worth it. The main annoyance is that the app is free on the iPhone but cost money on the BlackBerry. Life’s not fair!

In my tests the app worked about 70%-80% of the time which is pretty good. It also does not take that long. Definitely worth a shot if you are interested in such a feature. The app is available for the Bold 9000, Curve 83XX, Pearl 8220, 8900 Javelin, 81XX, 88XX and Storm 95XX.

You can find it at this link in the app world

Shazam Music Recognition – 5 Song Free Per Month

Return to the Mobile Edition.

I actually contacted them about that issue. Here is what they said:

Hi there

We make significant investments in developing applications for each platform and we always try to find the right balance so we may offer Shazam to the masses in an affordable and fair way.

We believe that Shazam is a compelling and popular service for music lovers, and feedback from our existing customers has indicated that they would be very happy to pay a small fee for the Shazam service. However, we’ve looked at how they use Shazam and have recognized that users have different requirements.

There will always be a free Shazam service – on a limited usage and feature set – supported by advertising with an upgrade path for a full-featured version with a small up-front fee or pay a monthly subscription for a premium service. In time, we expect to have this pricing model consistent across all the platforms that host the Shazam application.

If you have any further questions, please get back in touch.

Kind Regards,

Customer Services

t: +44 (0) 845 600 3956

Ronen Halevy

Why would I purchase software that I got for free from Verizon?

I use Song ID frequently, and it works every time.

Ronen Halevy

I think all blackberry owners should boycott apps like Shazam that charge BB owners but not iPhoners. I’m sending an e-mail of complaint today. I don’t use this service but am dissuaded from using it now because of the bias towards the monolith called Apple.

Ronen Halevy

The Governmont Robots New Album “Sylvia”

Search it Now On:

Nokia Mobile

Free Ringtones at:

The Officail Website of The Governmont Robots:

This first release by The Governmont Robots is “provoking the drum and bass spectrum to fill the streets”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC