Several interesting playbook apps

Home Forums BlackBerry PlayBook Several interesting playbook apps

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Eric_lewis 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

DanielH
    Participant

Seems like new apps are being approved in app world on a almost daily basis and several caught my eye today…

Stocks looks like a very sharp, clean feature loaded stock portfolio app and I would consider buying it except I just downloaded Daily Finance for my 9700 (free) and really like that app for my investing. Definitely will be keeeping an eye on for if I decide I want something on the tablet end. Has anyone bought this? Unfortunately, no free trial either.

Second, the app Pipeline, an rss reader. Has a free and paid version (2.99), the two big selling points will probably be google reader support and offline access. Like Stocks this is a very well done, sharp clean app. Right now I still have GeeReader while trying out the free version, I like GR’s interface a little better but Pipeline has more features, not just google reader support.

Luis Merlos

yeah I been trying Pipeline but have not had the chance to really use it since it’s been a busy day for me.

mavricxx

I’m actually kind of disappointed in the game apps, I’ve been looking forward to high quality, big name games like Call of Duty, GTA, MLB 2011, Madden 2011, FIFA 2011, Company of Heroes, Command and Conquer 3, Crysis, Assasins Creed, World of Warcraft, Starcraft 2, R-Type, Age of Empires, Age of Mythology, Gears of War, World in Conflict, Medal of Honor etc… Seems the ONLY game right now that meets this criteria is Need for Speed, and while its a great game- I’m already itching for something different.

DanielH
    Participant

mavricxx said:

I’m actually kind of disappointed in the game apps, I’ve been looking forward to high quality, big name games like Call of Duty, GTA, MLB 2011, Madden 2011, FIFA 2011, Company of Heroes, Command and Conquer 3, Crysis, Assasins Creed, World of Warcraft, Starcraft 2, R-Type, Age of Empires, Age of Mythology, Gears of War, World in Conflict, Medal of Honor etc… Seems the ONLY game right now that meets this criteria is Need for Speed, and while its a great game- I’m already itching for something different.

So basically, it would be awesome if RIMM bought EA Games next, hello RIMM we know some of your employees are on this site :)

BBA Brian
    Participant

just you wait

Keeper
    Participant

mavricxx said:

Most of them need such a long time to be ready for tablets in the market, but I believe it’s very short time to have them on PlayBook. That’s RIM’ strategy. So all you need is wait a lil’ more.

AlanB
    Participant

If you played Labyrnth as a kid, brace yourself for waves of nostalgia playing Plunk! on the PlayBook.

Plunk! is well designed and feels like your playing the real game. All it lacks is the knobs and the kerplunk sound when the marble drops in the wrong hole!

Try the free demo.

Eric_lewis
    Participant

I think NFS most wanted is one of the best street racing game Yet.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2014’ BerryReview LLC