RIM Should Buy Super Bowl Ad Time

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion RIM Should Buy Super Bowl Ad Time

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Mr. Mo 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Mr. Mo
    Participant

This is just my two cents. RIM should burn some of that cash leading up to and during the Super Bowl to promote BB10 in the US. While I understand the US is still sour on BB, most of it appears to be from lack of education/understanding. Hopefully we can overcome this.

jforce
    Participant

Ya, the media has definitely swayed public opinion farther than it should be due to the RIM bashing fad that has recently become a little less harsh. BBJam Americas helped with that but I agree Mr Mo. RIM has to do a massive marketing blitz if they want to have a successful launch.

The leaked video of one aspect of their marketing plan is promising, but that won't be enough. The Superbowl would be a great place to show the world that BB is far from dead.

Steve

That's actually a really good idea. I do think that once people start using BB10 they'll see just how good the devices will be and things will begin to turn around

Mr. Mo
    Participant

Well if its good idea…what's the best method of generating energy behind this idea and getting it to the marketing team? I would love to see this idea come to pass.

Steve

Emails, tweets, and Facebook page posts are a good start. However, my guess is that most if not all Super Bowl commercial spots are sold already. It may still be possible to get something though.

Mr. Mo
    Participant

I'm on it Boss! Would love to see this turn into a reality.

DanielH
    Participant

The timing would be just about right, February. Hopefully BB10 will be out by then, in which case they would need marketing before hand but yeah, the Super Bowl would be good to include in the marketing strategy.

Marc Paradise
    Participant

I hope that leaked video is nothing but a proposed plan that was rejected… that's very m uch 'old style' BB advertising, and is not what RIM needs now.

bbquincar
    Participant

i agree with this a commercial would do them good. even better if they release a date as well that would be crazy.

stewarev

I think it needs to be POWERED by BlackBerry. Get people using and testing different aspects of BB in order to run different things.

That would be awesome and show how it works and what can be done

Luis Merlos

That would definitely help them but it has to be an add that is worth the time and money. Make people's jaws drop..

G-man
    Participant

Agreed. I've been thinking about this for some time now. They need to start the campaign early and have it culminate at half time or post game…

Mr. Mo
    Participant

With a January 30th launch event date…this may already be in the works. The timing and release of the phone shortly after has me intrigued.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest Articles from

AndroidEffect - Improving Android One Tip at a Time

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2014’ BerryReview LLC