Forgot your password?

[Review] JeeoSuite Beta

Home Forums User Reviews [Review] JeeoSuite Beta

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  danawoyele 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Barry
    Participant

So, as one of the lucky ones to grab a beta invite for this, I thought I’d go ahead and give my first thoughts on this. Of course, it’s still in early beta and I’ve only had a chance to test it for a few hours, but so far it’s very promising.

Installation & Setup

Installation was quick and easy. After getting the beta invite code, you simply browse to the link from your Blackberry, enter the code, your e-mail address and it’ll download the program.

screenshot1.jpg

Open up the program, and you get a simple set-up menu. You see a “Logo here” placeholder at the top, a sure sign that the program is still in beta.

After choosing a username/password and port (I left it at the default one) you can click Save, after which you’re pretty much ready to go. I also checked “Allow file uploads and downloads”.

Now you can simply enter the URL at the top in your web browser on your computer and you should be able to login to Jeeosuite with the username/password you chose.

screenshot2.jpg

This is the main screen (dashboard) that appears after logging in, giving you all the info of your connected BB. I was inside, so that’s why it wasn’t able to gather the GPS data I’m assuming.

Down the left hand side are the current available features. The Bookmarks section was a bit confusing. Maybe someone can help me out, but what it does is lets you add bookmarks, which are added to a “Bookmarks.xml” file on your SD card in the Jeeosuite folder. I’m unsure as to how to import this into the BB’s browser.

On the plus side, the file browser worked perfectly. I was able to download from my phone and upload files with ease.

My favourite aspect of the program though is definitely in the Tools section.

screenshot3.jpg

Here, it gives you three tools. I’m guessing more will be added as the app developments progresses. The first one is a Memory Optimizer. I’m not sure what it does, or if its effective at all, but I guess there’s no harm in using it every once in a while.

Next, the screenshot feature works perfectly (I used it to capture the first pic in this post). You can just click on it, and it captures whatever is currently showing on your Blackberry. It pops up right on the Web interface so you can save it to your computer. Nice!

The Locate Phone tool will definitely come in handy for me. It’s something that I was looking forward to whenever RIM decides to released Blackberry Protect. It will make your handset ring so that you can find it if its lost. The downside I see is that your phone has to be connected via WiFi I’m assuming, to get the signal to ring. Otherwise, it works as advertised.

All in all, a good start to a promising app. Thanks to BerryReview for the invite code!

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

Barry
    Participant

Just wanted to add that I’ve experienced a few times in which I seemed to have lost the connection. It would try to connect and then time-out. Logging back into the main URL seemed to get it back on track, but I’m not sure if its the app or maybe something in my wifi setup.

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

DanielH
    Participant

Great review, very thorough. Must have missed this the first time around. I’ll have to check it out.

babisboi
    Participant

Great review, but this is something I don’t think I would use.

jforce
    Participant

Thanks Barrist!

I picked up JeeoSuite thanks to another BR contest too! Its a little slim on features now, but the file transfer and phone locator are pretty cool. I would like to see them add a custom ringtone broadcaster into the phone locate so you could have your BB say, “I’m over here you idiot!”

@jforce1

danawoyele
    Participant

great review barrist this will definately help me,when i get mine

twitter- @tech_pundit
    liquidaque.wordpress.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC