Forgot your password?

RESOLVED: New Blackberry OS 5.0 for Storm Today Theme Issue

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion RESOLVED: New Blackberry OS 5.0 for Storm Today Theme Issue

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ronen Halevy 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

BerrySwami
    Participant

This morning I upgraded my OS to 5.0 through the "official" channels. As I have read in other blogs, third party themes are not working properly in the new OS. I was using BBampd blue theme and in landscape mode it was white on both sides and when I scrolled it left impressions of the icons, kinda like when your computer freezes and your windows run.

Aside from that, I miss the today theme that I had and am looking for one that will now work with OS 5.0.

So far EVERYTHING seems faster. Faster touchscreen input, application response, etc….

The only thing is WHERE IS FLASH SUPPORT?

-BS

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Flash support isn't coming anytime soon sadly… Hopefully rim will release a new version of the plazmic CDK so developers can fix themes for os 5.0!

BerrySwami
    Participant

TODAY THEME ISSUE SOLVED (TEMPORARILY):

You can still run a today theme. What I did was in the home screen I pressed the Blackberry key and selected options. Then under layout I selected "today" (default is 2 rows). Voila! A simple today screen that at least allows you to see your messages, phone calls and calendar (albeit next two appointments only).

I am assuming flash will be available whenever Skyfire decides to come out of Alpha testing into Beta testing.

Hope this helps!

BS

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Such a screwy fix its a shame RIM could not get it right the first time…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC