Forgot your password?

reload software 507 question

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion reload software 507 question

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  nicoledc109 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

noble2772

Has anyone changed the circuit board on their blackberry to fix this problem? I went to a repair cell phone place and they said it wasn't the software. They would have to change the circuit board but it didn't seem like he was 100% sure about it. I've tried many attempts to upload the new OS on my bb but when it comes near the end of the process the phone just always ends up rebooting.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Error 507 is not a circuit board error it is a software OS error saying you do not have an OS installed. You can read more about it here:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02792&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=40456425&stateId=1%200%2040454454

I would advise reading guides on how to recover what is called a Bricked blackberry or let us know and somebody can give you some pointers

noble2772

Hey Ronen,

I've already tried the link before that you posted. It didn't work and my phone is still the same.

IMTHTG

@noble2772: When installing the new OS on a bb that has not OS (according to the error message). I always install the OS from the loader.exe app that's in the folder for the OS when it is installed on your PC. Path: C:Program FilesCommon FilesResearch In MotionAppLoader This works all the time for me as I am the BBguru here at my company…. Give it a try and let us know the results…

Luis Merlos

when you get that take the battery out, plug to PC via usb cable, fire up Desktop manager, it might detect your pin or say unkown pin, click update software under applications, follow the same steps as you would to load OS and then once you hit the button to start the update place the battery back in without disconnecting the bb

noble2772

IMTHTG – I've tried that way many times and still does not work. That's the way I usually load up new OS's on my other bb's.

noble2772

The stupid thing with this when I try to load up the OS, when it comes down to the last process of loading up the applications, this error window pops up and the phone just keeps rebooting itself. No matter how many times I press the retry button, damn phone does the same thing.

Luis Merlos

Have you tried wiping the BB using the http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/18789-jl_cmder.html

this should wipe everything on the BB and allow you to do the re-store OS. If that doesn't work there might be something wrong with the BB.

noble2772

Luis, still no luck with the BB.

nicoledc109

Thank you, this is good news for new visitors.

Watch The Sorcerer’s Apprentice Online

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC