qnx is just amazing!

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion qnx is just amazing!

This topic contains 32 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  danawoyele 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

fastcivic416
    Participant

just got this via twitter from @qnx_news.

http://onqpl.blogspot.com/2011/02/qnx-unveils-new-medical-reference.html

wow…….the playbook is gonna be one hell of a new toy!

DanielH
    Participant

They make stuff for cars too.

And RIM owns it. I can’t wait till we start seeing Blackberry sync technology for cars. I’m sure its out there but how cool would it be to have a mini playbook as on your car dashboard that syncs with your BB. Makes calls, stream music so that you don’t even have to have CDs…

babisboi
    Participant

dshcpa1 said:

They make stuff for cars too.

And RIM owns it. I can’t wait till we start seeing Blackberry sync technology for cars. I’m sure its out there but how cool would it be to have a mini playbook as on your car dashboard that syncs with your BB. Makes calls, stream music so that you don’t even have to have CDs…

It was called the best acquisition in 2010. QNX is going to put RIM at the forefront of mobile of the mobile world.

jforce
    Participant

babisboi said:

It was called the best acquisition in 2010. QNX is going to put RIM at the forefront of mobile of the mobile world.

Agreed. This was RIM’s best move in their history imo. I am very excited for the possibilities. It feels like RIM is finally a real contender to not only have the most solid OS, but to back it up with the best hardware and features.

RIM has always had the advantage with email and push notifications, but that was starting to get old. They needed a kick in the butt and their core OS needed an overhaul. QNX is the answer and the solution.

fastcivic416
    Participant

now we need TAT to polish up the os and make it look sexy. after all that is done, put it on the storm3 and send it this way!! lol

Fubaz

Yeah QNX should be able to catch RIM up on where they have lost market share.

Hopefully this will bring back some of the people who left BB for Android and iPhone

DanielH
    Participant

fubaz said:

Hopefully this will bring back some of the people who left BB for Android and iPhone

My optimistic hope is that QNX will bring developers to Blackberry. From what I hear some developers have stopped developing for BB or never attempted because it isn’t the easiest thing to do….not a developer so not sure how valid those opinions are but I have heard that.

babisboi
    Participant

fubaz said:

I don’t think the OS alone is going to bring back the masses. They need to give us the hardware to be able to deliver the OS in a very polished way. They took a step in the right direction with this 2011 roadmap, but I don’t want RIM to catch up to the competition, I want RIM to blow them out of the water. I want Android and Apple to strive to be like RIM and that is only going to be accomplished with hardware. QNX will always be superior to anything Android or Apple can throw at RIM for a while. TAT will bring incredible polish and usability, of that I have no doubt. Just please give me a SUPER PHONE!!!

DanielH
    Participant

babisboi said:

I don’t think the OS alone is going to bring back the masses. They need to give us the hardware to be able to deliver the OS in a very polished way. They took a step in the right direction with this 2011 roadmap, but I don’t want RIM to catch up to the competition, I want RIM to blow them out of the water. I want Android and Apple to strive to be like RIM and that is only going to be accomplished with hardware. QNX will always be superior to anything Android or Apple can throw at RIM for a while. TAT will bring incredible polish and usability, of that I have no doubt. Just please give me a SUPER PHONE!!!

Debbie downer :)

DanielH
    Participant

fastcivic416 said:

just got this via twitter from @qnx_news.

http://onqpl.blogspot.com/2011/02/qnx-unveils-new-medical-reference.html

wow…….the playbook is gonna be one hell of a new toy!

Back to this medical app though, lol, pretty cool. All these leaks here and there, QNX appears to have plenty of potential.

babisboi
    Participant

dshcpa1 said:

Debbie downer :)

We were talking about ranting. That was mine.

DanielH
    Participant

babisboi said:

We were talking about ranting. That was mine.

lol, excused.

danawoyele
    Participant

Well well,looks like you guys are really enthusiast about these,for me i think QNX is the way forward for RIM to really prove that it can take down the likes of apple and google in terms of mobile platform.adding TAT has now made it the greatest mobile platform we all hope to see

babisboi
    Participant

danawoyele said:

Well well,looks like you guys are really enthusiast about these,for me i think QNX is the way forward for RIM to really prove that it can take down the likes of apple and google in terms of mobile platform.adding TAT has now made it the greatest mobile platform we all hope to see

RIM shouldn’t focus on “taking down” Apple or Google. They should focus on being a great if not better alternative to them.

danawoyele
    Participant

babisboi said:

RIM shouldn’t focus on “taking down” Apple or Google. They should focus on being a great if not better alternative to them.

well said

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-ā€˜2014ā€™ BerryReview LLC