Forgot your password?

Poynt to add geofencing (location based offers/deals) sometime?

Home Forums BlackBerry Applications Poynt to add geofencing (location based offers/deals) sometime?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Barry 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Barry
    Participant

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/technology/mobile-technology/poynt-gets-patent-to-deliver-location-based-offers/article1866857/

Quote:
    Mobile search services company Poynt Corp. has been awarded a patent by the United States Patent and Trademark Office for technology that delivers location-based offers and coupons to smartphones.

It looks like the company that develops Poynt (a must-have on any BB!) has been granted a patent for geofencing. As I understand it, it’ll allow you to get offers and deals based on your GPS location (within a certain radius).

This is how I hope it’ll be implemented: You fire up Poynt, spin the carousel to “Nearby Offers” and it’ll load up all the available offers.. What would be impressive would be if they’re able to integrate all the Groupon-like sites into the search. Beyond impressive is if they could let you buy the Groupon (or Groupon-like coupon) right from Poynt! Not sure if that would be possible though.

Anyway, what I hope is not the case is that Poynt will just send you offers without the user asking, sort of like a forced pop-up ad. If that’s the case I’d be tempted to almost uninstall the app altogether because that would be extremely annoying.

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC