Forgot your password?

Poll: Will you buy the Dakota…

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion Poll: Will you buy the Dakota…

This topic contains 35 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  babisboi 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

DanielH
    Participant

There are rumors that the Dakota will arrive by summer 2011, there are also rumors that we’ll start seeing QNX models in 2012. So, will you buy the Dakota and risk being in the middle of a 2 year contract when the QNX phones arrive, or do you wait?

DanielH
    Participant

My current contract expires in Nov ’11 so I’m hoping that by then we’ll have a better idea when to expect QNX. If QNX is further out, say 2013, then yes, I’ll be buying a Dakota.

Barry
    Participant

I’m picking up the Dakota on launch day if its before Q3.

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

Luis Merlos

Same here will prob get it.

DanielH
    Participant

I have to agree, I think part of the reason we’ve started hearing about OS6.1 is to bring the QNX expectations back to reality. RIM wants to get it right, isn’t going to let others dictate their time frame, their operations, and OS6.1 can buy them time but it may not be much time at all. I think QNX is close, we’ll see it on the Playbook this year and their are rumors that we’ll see QNX phones by 2012.

eEzyt24
    Participant

The Dakota is the best succeder of th bold 9000. The other two BBs that came after the 9000, the 9650 and 9700 where just too small. The 9000 was just still at the top.

I’d definitely buy the Dakota. Its very pretty, big, slim, and has a large enough display on 2,8inchs, which is fantastic!!!!!!

Barry
    Participant

eEzyt24 said:

The Dakota is the best succeder of th bold 9000. The other two BBs that came after the 9000, the 9650 and 9700 where just too small. The 9000 was just still at the top.

I’d definitely buy the Dakota. Its very pretty, big, slim, and has a large enough display on 2,8inchs, which is fantastic!!!!!!

I share the same opinion.. Never saw the 9700/9650/9780 as true Bold successors. They just shuffled the form factors around with different names. The Dakota seems to be a true Bold in my opinion.

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

DaSaint
    Participant

Rumors are that the Dakota is the GSM version and the Montana is the CDME version….. i think ill stick it out and wait for the Storm 3…”D i’m bias like that.

Steve

Dakota all the way

babisboi
    Participant

I will pick up the Montana when it comes out. And then when the QNX phones come out out get that too.

danawoyele
    Participant

dakota for me………and like babisboi when those QNX version hit the market,will definately get it

twitter- @tech_pundit
    liquidaque.wordpress.com

babisboi
    Participant

I’m willing to spend the money when they come out

jforce
    Participant

The Dakota seems like the ultimate BB with the best of everything. My budget prevents me from being an early adopter but hopefully I can manage an upgrade to this beast.

@jforce1

babisboi
    Participant

I will make room in my budget. I might sacrifice my eating to make sure i can get. :-)

DanielH
    Participant

babisboi said:

I will make room in my budget. I might sacrifice my eating to make sure i can get. :-)

Haha, “brown bagging” it won’t be enough?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC